Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's daybook





I am following in Peggy's footsteps again and am exploring the day through her daybook format.

For March 9th

Outside my window... A golden sun shines down again. I love the light in the morning here. The way it colours the house across the street in a wash of cream. Few animals have greeted me this morning. Usually there are some birds or squirels out and about, but none have showed themselves.

I am thinking... about the women of faith night, as well as what all to do today. I didn't sleep well and think I might need a little nap when Joseph naps this afternoon.

From the learning rooms... In general I have been better about talking only in Dutch to Joseph these days, though due to a lack of sleep today might see some English sneaking in. Yesterday we had our first fingerpainting adventure (more on that in a later post) and I have been leafing through an Ikea catalog for inspiration on how to furnish the learning room I want to set up.

I am thankful for... my wonderful husband. Just because he is an absolutely wonderful husband.

From the kitchen... Pasta carbonara for dinner tonight. Not what I want to make when I will be home only at 7.30 pm, but my beloved husband has had a hankering for it for over a week, and it never happened.

I am wearing... An A line purple skirt that falls to the knee, a purple/fuchsia top and a black little cardigan.

I am reading... the Ikea catalog. Okay, so that is not really reading. Potty training books perhaps. I have been reading those every day.

I am hoping... To either wake up, or be able to go back to sleep. I am convinced something changed in my body in the nine months after Joseph was born. I am used to some insomnia since I was a todler and used to be pretty okay with functioning onless sleep for several days. Now, one night with less than six hours, and I am a wreck.

I am creating... that same sock, but there definitely has been some progress made. I am now at least half way the 'leg' part of the sock.

I am hearing... A song from the movie mama mia. The dish washer repair man on the back ground.

Around the house... Today I give myself leave to only do what is absolutely necessary for my baby and my husband and myself. No plans but to get through the day.

One of my favorite things...Knitting on my sock, SLEEPING.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Birthright tonight, tomorrow is our parishes WOmen of Faith night, my husband is giving a lecture somewhere on the economy and for the rest I would like to go to storytime and the museum with Joseph. Plus enjoy the weather outside today.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

It IS a kitchen, but it could also be...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ha ha! Who knew the kitchen could have so many uses? :)

Your clothes today sound adorable. I hope you're able to get some rest and feel refreshed!