Friday, October 3, 2008

Feminine Friday

Sometimes, adding a little touch of femininity here and there can add an entirely different mood to your day. On a whim, I went into the garden to see if there were some flowers that I could put in a vase. These were the last ones on the bush and just begging for one more moment of glory before autumn comes and has them fade away. I cut some of the green leaves away and put them in a simple clear green vase. Now they are standing on my desk and making me smile each single time I watch them. I should have cut much more flowers this summer, because the garden we received with the house has so much beauty to offer and with the heat we barely enjoyed it at all. Well, a lesson learned for next year, and for the flowers of autumn. It doesn't take much to add a little feminine touch on them, a little vase of flowers, especially real flowers does wonders for the atmosphere of an entire room.

No comments: