Saturday, April 16, 2011

Photo happy

I have been very photo happy lately, instead of my usually wordy posts. The reason is simple: life has been so hectic that it has been hard to find the time to gather my thoughts to write. Sometimes I have the time to sit down, but just not the mental accumen to put any thoughts to paper. If I actually have any thoughts in the first place. I know the mothers who currently have little ones running around know the feeling. With every new developmental phase, there are new needs and new schedules, and it seems like the only constant in your life is transition. And chaos.


Add to that fact that this last six weeks work has been crazy, and my usual ten hours of work (most of which I work from home) have been growing and being more out of the house than in, as well as a number of illnesses in a row... things just seem to have spun out of control. Michael also is still high needs which means that most days.. I just run around frazzled even though work is back within normal boundaries.


So, in the evening, when in theory, I would have time to write you all about the days experiences, I often have to sit wordlessly and thoughtless need to let the day's business slide off from me with an idle brain, and hands soothingly occupied with some needlework or something else.


I am trying to create order in the chaos. Not the nice, serene order of a Pottery Barn catalog for kids. But an "I do not stick on the floor, nor break my neck" order. With the last round of illnesses though, we have been in survival mode: making sure everyone is fed (healthy or not), making sure everyone is dressed (mostly clean, or at least with no too noticable icecream or ketchup spots from yesterday) and making sure everyone is alive at the end of the day.

Currently I am trying to get out of the survival cocoon. Trying to find the floor again underneath the stuck on brocoli (okay, that might be a slight exageration, but not much.) And trying to get a semblance of order back in our lives.


In the midst of that, I keep trying to get some simple and special moments in my children's lives. A bedtime book routine with Michael. A craft with Joseph. There is so much to tell, and so little time to do so. So that is where the pictures come in.


With that said, here are a few more that I snapped yesterday:











No comments: