Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby news

My due date is on the fifteenth... but it looks like I am not going to make it there. And that I am not going to have the uncomplicated natural birth I had hoped for after Joseph's more complicated birth story...

A recent ultrasound revealed that not only is the baby firmly breech despite all my efforts to coax him in the right position, but he also is already weighing about 9 pounds and 3 ounces, with three weeks still to go.

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. As expected the doctor said that the ultrasound indicated a likely need for a cesarian. She was relieved I think that they had sort of prepared me for that option at the ultrasound office because she knows I had my heart set on a natural birth. However, the most important thing is that the baby and I are healthy.
Since I have had my prenatal care at a family practice however they are not OBGyn specialists and need to transfer the care of the specialized delivery to a different, but affiliated practice. This is the practice that also does the ultrasounds for them, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them in the past, so that is reassuring.
The one annoying thing about this is that of course I need to have an appointment made... which means I am waiting by the phone again to hear if I can possible have the appointment this friday. (Please God!) so that I will be able to get organized and get everything in order before baby Michael will make a scheduled appearance. If not, I will have to wait till monday.

If at all possible and if I have a say in it, I will put the date for the cesarian on the fifth, this would give the baby some additional time to turn on his own if he wants to (and might make natural birth possible??? Another thing I will need to find out at this appointment). It would also allow my mother in law time to organize a visit here, so she could help with Joseph while I am in the hospital and after I come home, until my mother arrives on the 13th. Plus... I would get hopefully enough time to recover before the baptism on the 21sth.

The appointment took pretty long, so when I came home, my husband had to dash under the shower and run out to be in time for his dentist appointment. Friday is also the day that someone comes to look at our roof that we found out was leaking. Joseph and I will be going outside for a bit an a few minutes to run around and climb on the play equipment (he running and climbing, not I. *LOL*). Aside from that, I need to keep nice and calm and deal with Braxton Hicks. I really would not want to set labour in early if I need a cesarian. *LOL* I want to do some laundry. Maybe cut Michaels matrass foam to size, and tidy his room a bit. Aside from that, I will just do some cross stitch on a towel that I am making for a gift and try to relax.

If you have a prayer to spare, could you pray that I get a phone call soon and that I will have an appointment this friday where I can find out definitively what should be happening?

1 comment:

Mat. Emily said...

Praying, Eva! Keep us posted!