Monday, February 23, 2009

Knitting update



A quick update on my sock. Well the one that I am attempting to knit. It has been busy so the progress has not been as fast as I wanted to. To my surprise the double pointed needles have not created any trouble. I have finished the cuff in kn1, P1 ribbing, and am now working on the leg in simple stockinette.
After that I will have to start on the truely scary part, which is the true shaping of the foot, turning the heel, etc. But I think that will be a week or more away from now. I wish we still lived in a society where it was acceptable to bring your knitting to meetings. which I avoid whenever possible. Most of the time when I go to a meeting, I feel like I am wasting time while others are discussing something, and I miss my knitting. Unfortunately I am convinced people would see it as a lack of attention if I hauled out my sock. But I am perfectly able to keep my attention on both, especially in this simple part of the sock. Ah well, we do what we can here at home.

1 comment:

tiffibug said...

First things first...I find that knitting something simple helps me keep my mind on the meeting and keeps me from day dreaming.

Second when it says turn work. Hmm, I'll give an example:
RS
K6, K2tog, k1, turn

So it means: Right side: knit 6, knit 2 together, knit 1, then just turn it around as if you had gotten to the end of the row.
Now the wrong side should be facing you. Don't worry that you are in the middle of the row.

I was so confused by this when I first started and had no one to ask for help.

You're doing great.