Friday, October 3, 2008

Jewelry (August 21, 2008)

I love jewelry. But I rarely wear it. I don't know how this happened. I have always loved jewelry. I used to save up money to actually buy an inexpensive piece now and again even while in college. I used to give jewelry to my mom. Recently I mentioned to my husband, my wonderful, perfect husband, that he never gives me jewelry. He gives great presents (can you see that gifts however inexpensive) is one of my love languages? But he never gives me jewelry. I always thought this was because his mother doesn't like to be given jewelry, she prefers to pick things out herself. But now I realise... I rarely ever WEAR jewelry, so he must not think I like it. Well, that is going to change. Today I am wearing my engagement ring, I managed to put my wedding ring back on (finally lost enough weight after baby) and I am wearing a locket that I bought for myself upon graduating highschool. It makes me feel put together and ready for anything. A nice way to add a bit of pizzaz to a day!

No comments: