Friday, October 3, 2008

Book meme (May 16, 2007)

I was tagged by Emma for this meme. A good thing probably because it might keep my thoughts of my previous post in which the American government is driving me insane!!
Here is how it works....
How it works:1. Grab the book closest to you2. Open it to page 1613. Find the fifth full sentence4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.6. Tag five people to do this meme.

Having cleaned up yesterday, the nearest book laying around was on my nightstand, the penguin edition of Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
Unfortunately, on page 161, which is the end of a chapter, there is no sentence five, so I went to page 162 for refuge.
"Jo caught a bad cold through neglect to cover the shorn head enough, and was ordered to stay at home till she was better, for Aunt March didn't like to hear people read with colds in their heads."
Not a spectacular sentence, but rather anecdotical at the very least.

No comments: