Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 facts about me and my better half

Mrs. Beguiles asked for ten facts about you and your better half. Well.. I love to talk about my husband, so... here you go!





1.

My husband and I met online on CatholicMatch.com


2.

He was interested in someone living in a 100 mile radius of Stanford or St. Louis. I lived in Belgium


3.

After corresponding for a while, he added a few miles to the radius and ended up marrying me.


4. I adore him and feel very lucky that I stole him from under the nose of all my American friends. Sorry girls!


5.

I actually had the pattern for my wedding dress before he asked me, though that is another story.


6.

He asked to marry me in the Cathedral of Antwerp, where we later were married.


7.

Two weeks after the wedding, my husband left for the USA, while I had to wait to get the paperwork in order to follow him. We were incredibly lucky and less than a month later, I could join him!


8.

We both revel in being great, big, nerds, which is why our children already have more books than most adults.


9.

I feel cherished as his wife, every single day.


10.

Our five year anniversary will be here soon. We are doubting between a short pilgrimage to Lourdes when we are in Europe. Or a weekend in Vegas when we are back.



3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love this post, especially about his radius and you stealing him from under the American girls' noses. :) And I still think you had one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful love story!

Lisa said...

I just came over from Leila's blog, and read your story. I am fortunate enough to know a hermit who lives in Malmedy, although I've never been there. He's an American.