Monday, March 2, 2009

The simple woman's daybook





I am following in Peggy's footsteps again and am exploring the day through her daybook format.

For March 2th

Outside my window... The sun shines over a yard that refuses to become green again despite the rains of the last days. I am somewhat dissapointed as a snowstorm was predicted and we so rarely see snow these days. All the schools here are closed, but there is no drop of snow or ice to be seen. It actually looks like early spring, though it will be way too cold to enjoy it outside.

I am thinking... about what all needs doing during the rest of the day. I have some obligations today that needed to be tended to and that I have procrastinated with too long.

From the learning rooms... we keep working on being bilingual. We have separated books into Dada books (in English) and mama books (in Dutch). Joseph still seems to have some trouble with the concept. I keep trying to consistantly talking to him in Dutch, which can be hard if you are surrounded by English all day.

I am thankful for... cold medicin. I've been fighting a cold for weeks now and while the days go perfectly well, nighttimes bring coughing and coughing to the point that I would not be able to sleep without some cold medicin.

From the kitchen... Pea soup for tonight. The ladies will be gathering at my house for a meeting. We are going to try and keep it short and simple, and with that, a simple cup of soup seems to be a good idea.

I am wearing... My fluffy bathrobe again. Actually, my husbands bathrobe. But I have at least already 'done' my face and have cleaned up. I need to get dressed in a few minutes.

I am reading... A guide to quality, taste and style.

I am hoping... to shed this cold soon and to manage to tend to my responsibilities with a happy heart.

I am creating... the same sock still, and I am trying to create more of a stylish appearance (after the bathrobe of course). Being behind with the laundry has not helped but in general it's more of a matter of being stuck between winter and summer.

I am hearing... The news that my husband is watching on cnn.

Around the house... steaming of one or two items of clothing, making soup, and trying to tidy the house.

One of my favorite things...roleplaying with friends, kisses from my baby and my husband.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Meeting tonight, rehearsal tomorrow, the rest of the week tending to husband and my little boy.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

1 comment:

Aisling said...

My cold has been a week so far and is nearly gone.